MTK droid tool is a software developed by the company, MediaTek Inc. It is an excellent software that allows you to perform various tasks on your Android smartphone.
You can backup stock firmware, flash or root your Android smartphone with the help of MTK Droid Tool. You can also create a scatter file for Mediatek devices with MTK Droid tool.
MTK Droid Tool lets you backup or restores your device IMEI too. Today, we are going to talk about how can you create backups using MTK Droid Tools.
How to Create Backups Using MTK Droid Tools
Follow the steps below to find out:
- Enable USB debugging on your smartphone by going to settings>developer option and turning it on.
- Install snappea, pdanet, preloader vcom, and Mediatek preloader Vcom drivers. Install all necessary drivers from this link.
- After downloading these drivers on your PC. Download the MTK droid tool on your PC.
- Now, install the software on your PC.
- Connect your Phone to the PC. Open the MTK droid tool app. A blue bar will appear at the bottom of the window. This means that your phone is connected.
- Look up for the “IMEI/NVRAM” button and then select the Backup option to backup your IMEI/NVRAM, You will find the backup files in the MTK Droid Tools folder. We will also advise you to write your IMEI number.
- Now, search for the”root, backup, recovery” option and click on it.
- Click on the Backup button on the window, and the backup of your ROM will be created.
- Click on “To prepare blocks for Flashtool” to convert the backup to be supported with sp flash tool.
- After the backup, you can find it in the “backup” of the MTK Droid tool folder Look for the new folder called “!Files_to_FlashTool” You will find the files for sp flash tool here. When getting your backup with Sp Flash Tool you should always load the scatter file.
- Now, you will have to install CWM (clockworkmod recovery), Now, In the MTK Droid Tools app, select “To use boot from phone” and click the “Recovery and Boot” option. It will ask for some permission, grant it and then, and it will send the CWM recovery to the phone and your phone will be rebooted. You will soon see CWM Recovery on the phone. You can go to all the menu with the help of volume keys, and you can select it from the power button.
- Now, do the complete backup of your phone with the CWM Recovery. Only do this if you have enough space on your smartphone to do that.
- After doing the backup, copy it and paste it on some portable drive or PC. It is a safer option.
So, your phone has been Rooted, you have an IMEI/NVRAM backup with you and also a backup of Sp Flash Tools followed by CWM Recovery backup.